Active Kids Voucher
Scouts NSW is an approved provider of the Active Kids Voucher.
Note - NSW Government is changing the Active Kids Program from February 2024. Information below relates to the 2023 voucher program, and will be updated as more information is released.
Active Kids is a NSW Government program that helps families across the State meet the cost of getting their children into sport and active fitness and recreation activities, such as Scouts. Every child (4.5–18 years old) enrolled in school from Kindergarten to Year 12 is eligible for Active Kids. This includes those who are home-schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW.
In June 2023, the NSW Government announced changes to the Active Kids program. This included a change in the value of the voucher (from $100 per child in January 2023, to $50 per child in July 2023), as well as a change to eligibility from February 2024.
All Active Kids vouchers redeemed with Scouts NSW will go towards the cost of the State Membership Fee (and the one-off joining fee for new members), ensuring families who want their children to enjoy the Scout program can send their children to Scouts.
Please note, once an Active Kids Voucher has been redeemed, the Active Kids voucher value cannot be reimbursed as cash nor can it be transferred to another child. The voucher cannot be refunded back to you.
How to claim your Active Kids vouchers and use them with Scouts
Redeeming your Active Kids vouchers with Scouts is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Apply for your Active Kids voucher on the Service NSW online portal here. You will need your current Medicare card
- Download a copy of your voucher
- Enrol with the nearest Scout Group. To find your nearest Group and register please click here
- New members who join Scouts can use Active Kids vouchers to pay their joining fee and State membership fee. Simply redeem your voucher by entering the voucher number during registration into the labelled box, prior to making payment
- Individual Groups may also charge a Group fee to help offset the cost of activities and supplies.
|Find My Local Group||Enquire Now|
BECOME A MEMBER!
Please note the NSW Government announced changes to the Active Kids Voucher program from February 2024.
For vouchers issued in the 2023 program:
- Valid vouchers can be redeemed at Scouts NSW, subject to eligibility criteria.
- To redeem, enter your Active Kids Voucher number during the registration process, after selecting your Trek payment and BEFORE entering your credit card information.
- Existing vouchers (issued in 2023) will remain valid throughout January 2024. If you have an unused 2023 voucher, you can redeem this against Trek 1 2024 fees during online registration
For the new Active Kids Voucher program, commencing February 2024:
- The NSW Government is changing the eligibility criteria for Active Kids from 1 February 2024, and new vouchers will only be issued to those who receive Family Tax Benefit A and B. For more information on the changes to the program, visit https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/news/active-and-creative-kids-program-provides-sustainable-support-for-nsw-kids
- Scouts NSW is currently awaiting further details from the NSW Government on the redemption process for the vouchers in the new program. We do not yet know if it will be the same as the previous program, or if there will be changes to how vouchers are redeemed. Once we receive further information, we will update members.